I used to always say that I love traveling, but as it turns out, I hate traveling. I love being places. But, for convention’s sake, this post is about travel in the being places sense. And also in the isn’t-the-world-amazing? sense.
Recently, my dear friend Emily shared a picture of this awesome push pin world map they got for their house, which I promptly added to my PLEASE BUY SOMEDAY bookmarks folder. But it got me thinking about a few other items I’ve encountered that pluck at the heartstrings of any globetrotter with a dream. In my case (and maybe yours, too), this is also closely related to a love of geography and maps. (As a sidenote, I am totally dominating in the geography categories on QuizUp. Feel free to join and challenge me.)
Without further ado, here’s my love list for travel lovers after my own heart:
- World push pin map: What better way to document your world domination/travels than a gorgeous, wood-framed push pin map? I jealous Emily hardcore for having this!
- Scratch map: This is along the same lines as the push pin map; let’s call it a starter version. A bit of a reverse life lotto ticket, as you scratch off the adventures you’ve already “won” (done).
- Travel Manager by Zero per Zero (image via): This urban, mappy wallet holds tickets, passports, and other travel essentials, with a few different featured cities as options.
- Pass Tag by Zero per Zero (image via): The more simple pass tag holds transit cards or doubles as a cool luggage tag.
- Travel journal: For me, a journal is a major travel must-have, and while the stampy exterior of this one isn’t necessary for collecting your travel thoughts, it certainly has an adventurous feel to it.
- Damsel On the Go gift set (image via): What’s a list from me without a surprise box? This Sesame Gifts box curated by the lovely Damsel in Dior includes a delightful assortment of travel goods in one fun package and makes for a great gift to yourself or a fellow travel lover!
I don’t know about you, but this is making me antsy for another trip here soon…