It’s been a while since I’ve shared my fabulous finds! This is mostly due to the fact that I’ve barely had time to web- or blog-surf this week with my current work project. But I’ve got a draft out for review and am giving myself a break to share a few of my favorite things right now, spanning the gamut of categories this week:
- Bordeaux Claret handbag: This one’s a discovery via my Bachelor favorite, Tenley Molzahn. First off, this bag is totally cute. Second, I just love the idea of vegan leather. I have thought about going vegan a few times simply because I love animals so much, but it is hard to part with leather from my wardrobe. So I’m all about beautiful replacements! I haven’t bought a new bag in ages, and it might be time.
- Gorjana Graham Sunset leather wrap: So I got this $25 gift card to Gorjana-Griffin in a recent POPSUGAR* box and have been trying to figure out what to get! I’m leaning toward this wrap but then I second-guess myself and start wanting this python ring. I can’t decide!!
- Indestructibles: So we love to read Allie stories, but she has this tendency to, well, try to eat all the books. Many of our board books are disintegrated on the edges from her eager chewing. But I recently learned about Indestructibles, and they have saved our books! These little books (you can order them from Amazon) are chew-proof, tear-proof, water-proof—basically, perfectly suited to what kids like to do with any object in close proximity. They are a huge hit in our household!
- Zipadee-Zips: Katie of For Lauren and Lauren recently posted (sidenote: Isn’t her daughter ADORABLE?) about the most genius invention ever for babies transitioning out of their swaddles: Zipadee-Zips. If we hadn’t just finished the exhausting process of helping Allie sleep unswaddled, I would buy one in a heartbeat. I will for sure be getting one if/when we have another baby!
- Star-Crossed: I am a total sucker for teeny-bopper CW dramas (like how I totally didn’t watch all 10 seasons of Smallville within a three-month span last year…), and this new show (just one episode so far; it’s on Mondays) has me completely obsessed. It feels kind of like a mix between Smallville and the Vampire Diaries in the best way.
- Believe: You may have seen previews for this while watching the Olympics. The trailers looked interesting but not really in a WOW-I-need-to-watch-this-yesterday kind of way. Well, even though it doesn’t air until March 10, somehow they put out an advance release of Episode 1, and IT IS SO GOOD. J.J. Abrams is always kind of amazing, of course, and I am dying for the regular season to start already!!
- DIY dress lengthening and peplum tops from Life is Beautiful: I recently discovered and am totally obsessed with these two tutorials from Sarah at Life is Beautiful. Buy two of the same dress and do two things: lengthen one and turn the other into a peplum top. Genius!
- DIY herringbone wall: Erin of His and Hers is one of my new favorite bloggers, and her DIYs are totally brilliant and amazing. This is just one I’ve pinned recently, and I am SO going to try it once we move!
- Paper-strip art: I pinned this recently, but apparently the actual item is no longer available. I really just want to get a giant board, a bunch of magazines, and some glue, because this is totally my kind of art.
- Rob Hodgson: Thanks to Ashley of One Fine Day for the introduction to Rob Hodgson’s stuff! These illustrations are so colorful and character-ful. They make me happy just looking at them!
Have a wonderful weekend!
* My referral link