Happy day off for some of you! Of course, I don’t get the day off, but there are plenty of other things making me happy today! For example…
- The lingering memory of our Valentine’s getaway: Oh, my friends. There are a few (okay, more than a few) things in life that just make my heart sing. One of these is beautiful hotels. The feeling of being able to step inside somewhere lovely where you escape your daily life and relax and get taken care of—I love it. I just love it. And I was so happy Allie was there! She had her first funicular ride, her first experience swimming (heated outdoor pool!), and plenty of attention from our fellow hotel guests. She was a total champ, too, sleeping well in the hotel crib in our room. I don’t typically rock her to sleep, but after our swim she was very tired and very cold and needed a quick catnap, so I wrapped her up in a blanket and rocked her by the fireplace in our room. It was so serene and warm in the dark with just the glow of the fire, holding my sweet baby girl. A perfect winter moment.
- Insurgent: Since finally finishing my other book, I’ve been able to move on to book 2 of the Divergent series. It took me a couple of chapters to get into it, but I am back in and hooked once more! I totally love young adult lit.
- Ciabatta bread: Yesterday for our family dinner, my mom wanted to make these sandwiches we love with grilled chicken, pineapple, and ranch dressing on ciabatta buns. But we didn’t have any ciabatta. So, thanks to our dear friend Google, we discovered (of course) that it’s not even that hard to make. And so we (my mom) made them, and they were delicious! It’s so exciting and empowering to find you can make things you’ve always only bought! We also enjoyed some amazing striped delight for dessert, a recipe courtesy of my friend Britni.
- POPSUGAR Must Have* Resort Special Edition box: Friday, on our way out of town, we stopped by Target to pick up some baby swim equipment. As we walked across the parking lot, I put my sunglasses on and had the following series of thoughts: I remembered how my sunglasses had recently been broken (and fixed), thought about how I wouldn’t mind a new pair, recalled reading a review of a POPSUGAR Special Edition box that included sunglasses, then thought to myself how excited I am for the next Special Edition. Literally 10 minutes later, I felt my phone vibrate with an email and pulled it out. It was from POPSUGAR, announcing the resort box. Oh my goodness. I squealed aloud in Target. Like, three times.
- Under the Gunn: Okay, so I didn’t realize that Tim Gunn’s show (a) had started, and (b) is a version of Project Runway. I’ve been catching up on the season thus far and just love Tim Gunn. It’s a slightly different twist on the typical Project Runway format, but I like it!
- Influenster VoxBox: So a month or so ago a friend invited me to Influenster, which, in case you aren’t familiar, is basically a community for product review-sharing and brand discussion, and if you meet certain demographics and complete enough reviews and surveys, they send you—just my favorite thing ever—surprise boxes! Well, it’s a bunch of products to review. Anyway, I got my shipping notification for one of the VoxBoxes (lots of people have already received and reviewed theirs, so maybe they ship from the East Coast?), and I’m super excited!! I’ve carefully skipped past all the pictures others have posted of their boxes to keep mine a surprise.
And not to keep on about how busy work is, but seriously, it’s a good thing I have all this stuff to distract me, because work is dominating my life. I guess we all have to find things to look forward to, because daily life is not really always exciting.
* My referral link