I am realizing (way late) that the world of mom/DIY/fashion bloggers is huge. Does every girl under 40 have a blog? I love it. It is so fun (and much more interesting than my Facebook news feed these days) to go through my blogroll and read about these amazing projects, outfits, lives, and ladies. Which leads me to the fabulous finds of this week:
- This equestrian-inspired outfit on Little Miss Fearless: I have a thing for red and blue, and though I guess this coat is kind of in the orange spectrum, something about this outfit makes my internal *need* alarm go off. I think I can trace it back to this look from Brooklyn Blonde, which sent me on the long but eventually successful quest for her red Rich & Skinny jeans. But anyway, I love everything about this outfit and was completely crushed when I saw the original coat was sold out—UNTIL I searched online and found it at Lord & Taylor (with a much less flattering pic) and on sale. Then ensued an ultimately unsuccessful discussion with Ben about why I need another coat. Sigh.
- This black and dot outfit: Speaking of Brooklyn Blonde, I am in love with her “polka” outfit from this past week. I just need to find a version of her skirt somewhere!
DIY advent calendars
Yes, they get their own category this week. I may have to grow up to be the crazy advent calendar lady, because I want to make both of these as well as the one I shared last week.
- Advent activity book from My Girl Thursday: I LOVE this idea. While Allie is too young to participate/appreciate it now, I can make it in advance and have the book ready to go next year (or the year after). I like that you can switch out the activities each year depending on the age of the kids!
- Take-out box advent calendar from Studio DIY: There’s something just fun and special about opening a box, and this can be a way to give mini presents each day leading up to Christmas. Love it!
Other awesome finds
- French Cafe Bebe Shower by The Alison Show: I need a pregnant friend so I can throw this baby shower! I am obsessed with the cute and creative decor and food. Part two of this amazing post is here.
- Best of 2014 Calendars from Paper & Stitch: I clearly love calendars this week. Actually, I love calendars all the time, and these are some really cool ones!
There are some finds you just keep coming back to, even years later, and these are two I rediscovered this week:
- Picnic scene from Black Eiffel: This is an image that just transports you, and I can pretty much hear the ocean waves, feel the breeze, and smell salt when I see this picture.
- This quote from Meet Joe Black: Remember this movie? It has been one of my favorites for many years, and coming across this quote made me want to watch it again so much.
“Love is passion, obsession—someone you can’t live without. If you don’t start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who’ll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I’m not hearing any heart. Run the risk. If you get hurt, you’ll come back. Because the truth is, there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love—well, you haven’t lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven’t tried, you haven’t lived.”
And with that motivational thought, I’ll leave you to it!