Since yesterday was devoted to Thanksgiving, I’ve moved this week’s loved things post to today! Here are a few things I’m especially loving today:
- Typewriters for holiday cards: I don’t remember the last time I even saw a typewriter, but this post by Damsel in Dior has made me realize I am missing out! I love the idea of using a typewriter for holiday cards or really any note to a friend/loved one. Just the experience alone sounds calming, and the effort required shows someone you must really like them. Oh-so sadly, gone are the days of taking our time for things. I mean, hey, I’m all about efficiency, but I also think our plugged-in world has become less thoughtful overall. Mission: find typewriter has officially begun.
- Black Friday online deals: I have never had the desire to go out to actual stores on Black Friday and probably never will, but online shopping is a different story! And there are some serious deals going on right now! Like 50% off at J.Crew Factory online (code: HOLIDAY50) or 50% off at Ann Taylor (code: ANNTHANKS). Some of the deals I’m loving most are for subscription boxes, my current obsession, like 30% off plus free shipping at Fancy.com* (including Fancy Boxes) with code BLACKFRI. Then there’s a bunch of codes for POPSUGAR Must Have*: $10 off 1-month subscription: GIFT10; $25 off 3-month sub: GIFT25; $50 off 6-month sub: GIFT50; and $75 off 12-month sub: GIFT75. I believe this only applies to new subscriptions, though. Pretty much every blog I follow has comprehensive lists of all the deals and coupons out there. Here are just a handful of those posts, for anyone interested:
- Let It Be Beautiful’s list of fashion-focused deals/coupon codes
- A slightly higher-end list from Stripes & Sequins
- Subscription box deals/codes from Ramblings of a Suburban Mom
- MommySplurge’s list of subscription box and other deals
- A nice mix of deals (including some smaller vendors) from Vmac+Cheese
- Hoodies: They are just so amazingly comfortable. Seriously. Lame as it may sound, slipping on my hoodie and yoga pants after Allie goes down every evening is something I look forward to all day!
- Living With Kids feature on Design Mom: This Q&A+photos piece gives an inspiring and pin-worthy look into the life and house of Trina McNeilly (whose blog, Lalalovely, is well worth following). So many life and design ideas I want to try!
- A Whole New World: Yep, exactly what it sounds like. My favorite ever Disney movie and my favorite three minutes of the movie. I have watched this video at least five times just today. It still gives me goosebumps and makes me feel like a little girl again.
- Photoshop actions: I am by no means a Photoshop pro, and I’ve been trying to find a way to quickly treat photos a la Instagram. I finally found the answer in Photoshop actions, which you can download, load in Photoshop, and easily apply at your pleasure!
BONUS LOVED THING: My new blog design. Much cleaner and more my style!
* My referral links