I am feeling the love these days. Summer just makes everything better! Granted, it’s warm in Florida year-round (I think?), but the feelings of summertime—perhaps imprinted from the days when summer meant a much-anticipated break from school—make it easy to be happy. Here are a few of the highlights of my summer fun thus far:
- The Girl You Left Behind: For the first time since college, I have a library card! Allie and I checked out our local branch and picked up a couple of books, including this one that’s been on my wishlist for a while. So good!
- The Selection: One of my new friends here shares my love for cheesy teen lit and loaned me the books for this Bachelor-meets-Hunger-Games trilogy. Deliciously easy and entertaining reads.
- on date nights: Our first Florida date night happened—Magic Kingdom at night—thanks to babysitting swapping with a new friend. I wasn’t sure I would be able to trust anyone for a year or two, but it may be that I’m slowly letting go of my parenthood paranoia!
- on girls nights: This happened, too! It’s always a special thrill these days to be out after dark. A couple of girl friends and I went to a comedy club in downtown Orlando and indulged in some froyo and much-needed girl talk. Yay!
- ban.do clutch: So, this is basically my new favorite bag ever! I got it at a local clothing boutique for a steal and am about ready to throw out all my other purses. It’s lightweight, cute, and perfect for anytime I go somewhere quick or without Allie.
- new carseat for Allie: The time has come. Our very long child is ready for a seat upgrade, and we just pulled the trigger on the highly recommended Diono Radian RXT. Hope she loves it!
- Covert Affairs: I remember a friend gushing about this show a while ago and decided to give it a shot on a whim. I got hooked! Past seasons are currently only viewable with Amazon Video, but it gave my Alias-loving heart a fun new show to binge on.
- America Ninja Warrior: Random, I know. I have to blame Ben for this one. It was just on in the evenings when I’d finish putting Allie down, but after watching these people run these crazy courses, I’m all invested in how they do! Never would have thought!
- crawling: Allie is finally doing it! And she’s even pulling herself into downward dog. Walking may indeed happen before she turns 2!😉
- swinging: Possibly one of Allie’s favorite things in the world is swinging. Thankfully, there is no shortage of playgrounds around here, and every time she just laughs and squeals with glee.
I hope to catch up on my blogroll soon and keep documenting our adventures and other fabulousness I encounter, but I am also already feeling like summer is already slipping away! More beach days and splash padding are definitely in our future!
* I also just finished another book, The Circle, that I basically hated. Waste of trees, in my opinion.